Greater Geraldton Danger and Warnings
Greater Geraldton is relatively safe, but like any other city, it has its own security concerns. Here are some things you need to know about personal security in Greater Geraldton:
Dangers and Warnings
Some of the dangers and warnings you need to be aware of while in Greater Geraldton include:
- Petty theft, particularly around the beaches and car parks.
- Drug use and drug-related crime, particularly in certain inner-city areas.
- Domestic violence, which unfortunately remains a problem in many parts of Australia.
Personal Security Tips
To stay safe in Greater Geraldton, consider following these personal security tips:
- Avoid parking your car in isolated or dark areas.
- Keep an eye on your phone, wallet, or other valuable items while in crowded areas.
- Avoid walking alone at night, especially in poorly-lit areas.
- Be cautious about accepting drinks from strangers, as drink-spiking does occur in Australia.
For emergency situations, dial 000 (Australia's emergency service number).