Greater Geraldton Visitor Information
Welcome to Greater Geraldton, Western Australia!
Geraldton is a thriving coastal city north of Perth, Western Australia, with a population of around 38,000 people. Greater Geraldton is the commercial, administrative, and cultural center of the Mid West region of Western Australia.
Geraldton is approximately 424 km north of Perth, making it about a 4.5-hour drive. You can also fly directly into Geraldton from Perth with Qantas or Virgin Australia. If you prefer public transport, there are buses and trains that travel to and from Perth daily.
Things to Do
- Spend a day on one of Geraldton’s beautiful beaches, such as Town Beach or Back Beach
- Visit the HMAS Sydney II Memorial to learn about the history of the ship and the crew that lost their lives in World War II
- Take a walk through Geraldton’s stunning wildflowers, which are in bloom from August to September
- Visit the Geraldton Regional Art Gallery or the WA Museum Geraldton to experience the local art and culture scene
- Explore the Abrolhos Islands, located 60km west of Geraldton, for some of the best fishing and snorkeling in Australia
Where to Eat
Geraldton has a wide range of dining options from casual pubs to fine dining restaurants. Some must-visit places include:
- Latitude Gallery Cafe for coffee and brunch
- Freemasons Hotel for a pub meal and a drink
- Il Porto for delicious Italian food and ocean views
- Zen Sushi for fresh sushi and Japanese cuisine
- Salt Dish Cafe for healthy breakfast and lunch options
Where to Stay
There are many accommodation options in and around Geraldton, ranging from budget-friendly to luxury. Some of the most popular hotels and resorts include:
- The Gerald Apartment Hotel for luxury accommodation in the heart of Geraldton
- Ibis Styles Geraldton for comfortable and affordable rooms
- Ocean Centre Hotel for ocean views and modern amenities
- Mantra Geraldton for spacious apartments and onsite facilities
- Heritage Resort Shark Bay for a relaxing stay in a World Heritage area
With its stunning beaches, rich history, and fantastic dining and accommodation options, Greater Geraldton is a must-visit destination in Western Australia. Start planning your trip today!